ISLAND COUNTY Planning & Community Development
We are continuously attempting to make things easier for you to access. We hope this site is helpful!
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Land Use Application submittals by appointment only for details click here
COMPLETED BUILDING pERMITs ACCEPTED UNTIL 2:00 P.M.
cAMANO - completed BUILDING permits accepted 8:00 - 11:00 am & 1:00 - 2:00 PM
Planning and Community Development's Frequently Requested Items
- NEW Visit the new Island County Comprehensive Plan Update Website for all the latest information on the update process!
- NEW The Board of County Commissioners adopted C-16-15; PLG-001-15 at their Regular Meeting on 2/17/15. A public hearing has been scheduled for 3/24/15 at 6:00 p.m.
To see the full ad click on the above link to other public notices of meetings and hearings.
Cover Ordinance and Exhibit A - amendments to 17.02A and 17.02B
Exhibit B - Findings of Fact
Appendix A to Exhibit B:
- North Whidbey map
- Central Whidbey map
- South Whidbey map
- Camano Island map
Exhibit C - Work Plan
- Ordinance C-75-14 as signed by the Board of Island County Commissioners 9/22/14 amending Island County Code and the Island County Comprehensive Plan to update the County’s protection standards for Fish and Wildlife Habitat Conservation Areas.
Other materials associated with the Fish and Wildlife Habitat Conservation Areas update are available at the project website: Island County Fish and Wildlife Habitat Conservation Areas Update
Ordinance - C-40-14 regarding implementation of I-502 Land Use regulations
(as signed by the BOCC 5/5/14)
- Airport Environs Map
- Disclosure Statements in ICC 9.44.050 and ICC 14.01B.100 - Memo to the BOCC 12-17-13
- Aircraft Accident Potential Zones (APZ) Overlay
- Learn more about Low Impact Development (LID)
Public Records Requests must be requested from the specific Department that holds the record.
The Island County Public Records Disclosure Contact Sheet identifies records held by each department in Island County.
For Planning & Community Development records, submit a completed Public Records Request Form and mail it to:
Records Officer, Planning & Community Development, P.O. Box 5000, Coupeville, WA 98239.