Island County Veterans Services

Island County Veterans Services provides emergency financial assistance, case management and other supportive services to indigent veterans and their dependents. Financial assistance may consist of paying for rent/mortgage and/or utility bills that may be in arrears or at risk of being shutoff. The office provides vouchers for food, fuel, work specific clothing and/or school clothing and supplies for dependent children. We also provide assistance with Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) claims for compensation, pension, health care and all other VA claims.

To qualify for financial assistance the veteran must:

  • Have served under Honorable or General under Honorable Conditions.
  • Show an original or certified copy of a DD-214 or, if discharged prior to 1950, a Certificate of Discharge.
  • Have been a continual resident of Washington State for one year immediately prior to application and a resident of Island County at time of application.
  • Be able to provide proof of their identity and documentation of eligibility of dependents
  • Be indigent or have income at 150% of poverty level.

To contact Dana Sawyers, the coordinator for Veterans Services

please call 360-675-4093 or email: