ISLAND COUNTY Planning & Community Development
We are continuously attempting to make things easier for you to access. We hope this site is helpful!
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Land Use Application submittals by appointment only for details click here
COMPLETED BUILDING pERMITs ACCEPTED UNTIL 2:00 P.M.
cAMANO - completed BUILDING permits accepted 8:00 - 11:00 am & 1:00 - 2:00 PM
Planning and Community Development's Frequently Requested Items
Public Notices for Land Use Applications
Other Public Notices of meetings and hearings
- Current Planning Commission materials posted on Planning Commission Page
- Visit the new Island County Comprehensive Plan Update Website for all the latest information on the update process!
- For information related to the Shoreline Master Program Update visit the Shoreline page or click here.
Extra Large BOICC Work Session Materials:
September 2, 2015 Work Session Agenda
Rural Lands Survey discussion:
CAO Update - Best Available Science Report discussion:
New Preliminary FEMA Flood Insurance Rate Maps
NEW - The Washington State RiskMAP coordinator from Washington State Department of Ecology has put the mapping up on a GIS portal in order to provide access to viewing specific parcels. Click here to access the interactive map. This link has been updated with parcel layers to find your specific property.
Preliminary maps of the proposed FEMA Flood Insurance Rate Maps (FIRM)
The latest Adopted Ordinances or Resolutions
Comprehensive Plan Update Ordinances or Resolutions will be posted to the Website noted above
- Interim Ordinance - C-16-15 signed by the Board of Island County Commissioners 2/17/15 and reaffirmed at public hearing 3/24/15. This is an Interim Official Control that amends Development Regulations which apply to preexisting agricultural activities within Critical Area Overlay Zones.
- Ordinance - C-40-14 regarding implementation of I-502 Land Use regulations
(as signed by the BOCC 5/5/14)
- Ordinance C-75-14 as signed by the Board of Island County Commissioners 9/22/14 amending Island County Code and the Island County Comprehensive Plan to update the County’s protection standards for Fish and Wildlife Habitat Conservation Areas.
Other materials associated with the Fish and Wildlife Habitat Conservation Areas update are available at the project website: Island County Fish and Wildlife Habitat Conservation Areas Update
- Airport Environs Map
- Disclosure Statements in ICC 9.44.050 and ICC 14.01B.100 - Memo to the BOCC 12-17-13
- Aircraft Accident Potential Zones (APZ) Overlay
Related Ordinance C-87-07
ICC 17.03.180.Z - Land Use Tables
Public Records Requests must be requested from the specific Department that holds the record.
The Island County Public Records Disclosure Contact Sheet identifies records held by each department in Island County.
For Planning & Community Development records, submit a completed Public Records Request Form
and mail it to:
Records Officer, Planning & Community Development, P.O. Box 5000, Coupeville, WA 98239.