Our mission is to assure that we are doing the best job possible to provide a safe & sanitary environment for County business to be conducted.
About the Facilities Department
The Facilities Department is responsible for the maintenance of twenty-eight buildings, five of which are located on Camano Island. Both the Jail & Juvenile Detention Center are round the clock, twenty-four-hour facilities. All totaled, we service over 185,000 square foot of space.
The Facilities Department is organized into the following service areas:
- FACILITIES ADMINISTRATION includes the Facilities Director & Office Manager who provide support to the Custodial & Maintenance service sections.
- CUSTODIAL SERVICES performs a variety of housekeeping functions in County buildings. Services include general cleaning, floor care, recycling and trash removal from buildings.
- MAINTENANCE SERVICES performs preventative maintenance & emergency repairs to the County buildings. Services include plumbing, electrical, carpentry, welding, painting and HVAC services.
Other services provided by the Facilities Department include:
- ACCESS CONTROL – provide building and office keys to County employees & volunteers, per Island County Code 1.32
- MEETING ROOM MANAGEMENT – schedule County meeting rooms, including the Commissioner’s Hearing Room, per Island County Code 1.24
- PURCHASING of maintenance related supplies, equipment and contracted services per Public Works bidding requirements outlined in the RCWs.
To report a facilities problem in your building, to schedule a meeting room or to get general information about facilities, please contact the Facilities Department
How to contact us:
107 NE 6th Street
Coupeville, WA 98239-5000
PhonesOffice: (360) 678-7870
Fax: (360) 240-5513
Mailing Address:PO BOX 5000
Coupeville WA 98239-5000
Office Hours:7:30 AM to 4:00pm
Monday through Friday